Say Goodbye to Google, Ads, and Trackers
We’re just a little bit thrilled.
Recently a company with a new web browser has emerged which features several major benefits others lack. It promises to lure many people away from Chrome, Safari, and other browsers. That new browser is Brave—and they actually WANT you to block ads and trackers!
Not only that, but they also want to reward users and content creators (gasp!) AND they are open and transparent.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the Brave browser:
- It’s fast: loads major news sites 2 to 8 times faster than Chrome and Safari on mobile. And Brave is 2 times faster than Chrome on desktop.
- Brave is an open source company. “Anyone can audit what the Brave software code is doing.”
- It rewards us for using it. Users can choose to opt to pay their favourite content creators with BAT (Basic Attention Tokens). Another option is setting up micro-donations to favourite sites. These are optional not mandatory.
- Content consumers will have the option of receiving BAT in future: “Coming soon, you will be able to opt into a new blockchain-based digital advertising system, giving publishers a better deal and users a share of the ad revenue for their attention.”
- Protects your privacy by preventing trackers following you around the web. They will soon feature “Tor in the tab,” for further enhanced privacy.
- It saves users money by blocking trackers and ads. Ads contribute significantly to users’ bills and data consumption (see image below).
- With ads and trackers blocked, browsing is faster and safer, reducing your odds of being infected by malware, spyware, and the lesser known ransomware.
Global Freedom Movement is always on the lookout for alternatives to the Google Monster and other toxic monopolies that prey on consumers, invade privacy, and sell their data. We believe this is one worth trying out (we are). We’re excited about the project because it means sites like us don’t have to pollute our pages with irrelevant and tacky ads, and it also gives our readers the ability to support us effortlessly simply by using the Brave browser.
Learn more about BAT and how it works with Brave here
Learn more about how much ads and trackers could be costing you