This article (‘ABC Censors Catalyst Wifi Report, Suspends Reporter, and Embarrasses Itself’) is original copyrighted material belonging to Global Freedom Movement and may only be re-posted on your site in FULL, with proper (clickable) attribution, with all hyperlinks, author bio, and this copyright statement intact at top. Be integrity.
by Brendan D. Murphy, co-founder Global Freedom Movement, author The Grand Illusion
Why the censorship, ABC?
“Wi-Fried”: Why fried?
What is the ABC trying to hide by taking down the Catalyst wifi report (February 2016) by Dr Maryanne Demasi? Who are they covering for? (Well, okay, that should be fairly obvious.)
Perhaps “ABC” is really an acronym for Abominable Broadcasting Censorship?
In a nutshell, the “public” broadcasting platform has caved in to industry (it’s not the first time) and its designated “scientific” spokespersons.
Briefly, in February this year, reporter Maryanne Demasi put together this Catalyst wifi report, entitled “Wi-fried”, highlighting the potential “hidden” dangers of wi-fi. However, she has now been suspended until September while an “investigation” into the episode is carried out. Evidently “the investigation was initiated after the ABC received complaints from viewers about the episode.”
The “complaints from [unidentifiable] viewers/the public” strategy has been trotted out many times before as a means of autocratic corporate entities suppressing information that might threaten their profit margins (or risk expensive litigation) lest the public catch on. Who are these alleged “viewers”? They wouldn’t happen to be captains of industry by any chance? It couldn’t possibly be people in high places with influence and intimidatory powers who happened to make the “complaints” could it?
It’s a strategy that has been used before in regards to the health and medical fields, whereby members of vested interest groups who are embedded in the Establishment (or well connected to it) actually write anonymous letters to their own or their cronies’ agencies “complaining” of this or that company or individual in order to get them “investigated” and ultimately shut down. This is how embedded vested interests consolidate their power and revenue and eliminate the economic competition and/or suppress damaging information (damaging to their bottom line, that is). It’s precisely how the AMA and allied groups attacked and discredited natural/alternative therapies, particularly naturopathy, chiropractic, osteopathy, herbalism, acupuncture, and so forth, going back as far as the 1950s. The economic competition must be destroyed.
Litigating was also a favourite strategy, and perhaps there have been threats made behind closed doors to that effect vis à vis Demasi’s “Wi-Fried” Catalyst wifi report. Perhaps. Outright lies are, of course, standard fare, even obligatory. The truth must be buried and the competition annihilated, and B-grade sellout scientists who will spout suitably biased propaganda thinly veiled as “science” in order to quash alternative views/thinking are a dime a dozen.
The Orwellian-sounding Audience and Consumer Affairs Unit (A&CA) was tasked with “reviewing” Demasi’s wi-fi report after the “complaints” were made:
“The A&CA Report found several inaccuracies within the program that had favoured the unorthodox view that mobile phones and Wi-Fi caused health impacts including brain tumours,” the ABC’s statement said.1 [emphasis added]
That should tell you everything you need to know. If information in the mainstream “favours the unorthodox view” then forget about it. As a general rule, it will either never make it to air, or if it does, a kerfuffle will anonymously be created by vested interests, and lo and behold!, it will magically disappear from view, never to be seen again.
That’s why I’m encouraging some basic civil disobedience and suggesting that everyone upload this video all over the internet. The communications industry doesn’t want us to see the harm its technology is causing? Let’s put it everywhere then. (See the addendum at bottom for information regarding radio frequency and microwave harm.)
This is the second time Demasi has landed herself in hot water by attempting to carry out genuine journalism and objective reporting in the lamestream media. The first time she was slapped on the wrist for a 2013 2-part episode of Catalyst (“Heart of the Matter”) wherein she dared to suggest that, just maybe, cholesterol-lowering drugs are being over-prescribed. Really? Ya think? The show also questioned links between cholesterol and heart disease. (In fact, cholesterol-lowering drugs are proving to be one of the all-time medical cons.) The managerspeak from the ABC’s “review” of that episode is staggering:
“Although the program did not explicitly endorse the unorthodox view, the language used by the reporter tended to add weight to the contrarian argument
“In our view, the program could have done a better job of teasing out the mainstream perspective to leave audiences better informed.”2 [emphasis added]
Additionally (and unsurprisingly), Demasi also compiled a report about anti-depressants which conveniently never saw the light of day: it was forbidden from being aired after “concerns were raised inside the ABC”, according to Media Watch.3
Heaven forbid that we articulate anything but the mainstream perspective! Goodness me, people will explode in the street! Cannibals will feast on our flesh and the four horsemen of the apocalypse will herald the Lord’s imminent fiery wrath! (Also, failing to adhere to the mainstream viewpoint kills babies, you know.)
ABC you are absolutely pathetic, and this kind of behaviour is exactly why awakening people are turning the TV off in droves.
Why is truthful reporting unacceptable in the lamestream media? Does industry have its talons in the “venerable” ABC? *shock! horror!* Surely not!
Naughty, naughty, Dr. Demasi. That should teach you for trying to sneak one (make that three!) past the Thought Police.
Just be a good little shill/sellout and toe the line like the others, okay?
ABC: Abominable Broadcasting Censorship
About the Author
Co-founder of Global Freedom Movement and host of GFM Media, Brendan D. Murphy is a leading Australian author, researcher, activist, and musician. His acclaimed non-fiction epic The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science & Spirituality – Book 1 is available here.
“Brendan is the Chomsky of the Spiritual movement.” – Alistair Larmour, medical intuitive
“Every person in the field of ‘paranormal’ psychology or related topics should have this book as a major reference.” – Dr. Buryl Payne
“A masterpiece…The Grand Illusion is mind-blowing.” – Sol Luckman, author of Potentiate Your DNA.
“You’ve written the best synthesis of modern science and esoteric science that I’ve seen in 40 years…Brilliant!” – Michael K. Wade
Addendum: Adverse Health Effects of EM radiation, Wifi, and Smart Meters
- Research article by Dr. Carl Blackman showing that frequency modulation (not the carrier wave) is the primary reason for non-thermal biological effects: https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/blackman-modulation-2009.pdf
- Australian study showing health effects of wireless smart meters: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25478801
- Survey of 210 respondents whose health was harmed by smart meters: http://www.mainecoalitiontostopsmartmeters.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Exhibit-10-Smart-Meter-Health-Effects-Report-Survey2.pdf
- 52 Medical Doctors and Researchers respond to industry PR that “smart” meters are safe: https://maisonsaine.ca/sante-et-securite/electrosmog/smart-meters-correcting-gross-misinformation.html
- Red blood cells are affected by microwave radiation from wireless smart meters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JDEspdx58
- Report warning about Smart Meters by Santa Cruz Public Health Advisor, Poki Namkung, MD:http://emfsafetynetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Health-Risks-Associated-With-SmartMeters.pdf
- UK Department of Health concerned about cancer risks associated with wireless “smart” meters:http://www.clickgreen.org.uk/news/national-news/121825-decc-confirms-talks-with-dept-of-health-over-smart-meter-risks.html
- Graph with 67 studies that show health effects well below government limits and the corresponding effects of smart meters – See the following PDF, as well as the graphic: Ron Powell Smart Meter Report > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Powell-Bioinitiative-Report-Smart-Meters.pdf
- “Our EMF/RFR standards are also based on an outdated assumption that it is only heating (thermal injury) which can do harm. These thermal safety limits do not address low-intensity (non-thermal) effects. The evidence is now overwhelming that limiting exposure to those causing thermal injury alone does not address the much broader array of risks and harm now clearly evident with chronic exposure to low-intensity (non-thermal) effects.” Herbert MR, Sage C. 2013 Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a pathophysiological link Part II. Pathophysiology 2013;20:211–34.
- One of the four central conclusions reached by the Scientific Panel on Electromagnetic Field Health Risks is that low-intensity (non-thermal) bioeffects and adverse health effects are demonstrated at levels significantly below existing exposure standards. Fragopoulou A, Grigoriev Y, Johansson O, Margaritis LH, Morgan L, et al. Scientific panel on electromagnetic field health risks: consensus points, recommendations, and rationales. Rev Environ Health 2010;25:307–17
- “Downstream effects of VGCC activation can generate each of 13 different health effects repeatedly found to be produced by microwave exposure.” Martin L. Pall, Scientific evidence contradicts findings and assumptions of Canadian Safety Panel 6: microwaves act through voltage-gated calcium channel activation to induce biological impacts at non-thermal levels, supporting a paradigm shift for microwave/lower frequency electromagnetic field action, http://electromagnetichealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/reveh-2015.pdf
- “Studies document roles of pulsation in influencing biological responses to microwave exposures, influences that are incompatible with these being produced by heating. ‘Window’ effects occur, where specific intensities of microwave EMF exposure produce higher biological effects than those produced by both lower and higher intensities, observations incompatible with heating effects.” Ibid.
- “Thousands of studies have reported biological effects at intensities well within safety standards, each of which appear to falsify the heating/thermal paradigm,” none of which have been considered by the “experts” who have deemed this technology be placed on/in our homes.
- Wi-fi has been banned from schools in Haifa, the third largest city in Israel, to protect the children from unnecessary and dangerous wi-fi exposure
- Electrohypersensitivity (EHS) is a growing problem and evidently being exacerbated by smart meter rollouts. Sweden recognises this syndrome and offers disability pensions to sufferers.
- Suicides have resulted from cases of EHS; being trapped in a world with no respite from wifi radiation is a cruel form of punishment that eventually overwhelms some people.
- The phenomenon known as “EMF refugees” has resulted from wireless technology, wherein people become so sensitized to wireless microwave radiation that they have to abandon the use of such technology and also move to an area which is not polluted by it. See the film Searching for a Golden Cage
- 2,300 studies by the US Navy showing biological impacts of EMF:Naval Medical Research Institute 2300 Studies on EMF Health Effects > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Naval-Medical-Research-Institute-2300-Studies-on-EMF-Health-Effects.pdf
- Jeromy Johnson TedX Talk: “I wanted to convey that people are indeed being harmed by this technology and that there is adequate science to show how and why this is happening.”Link: https://www.emfanalysis.com/tedx-wireless-wake-up-call/
- Bee Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) can be partially explained by the increased microwave radiation in our environment from wireless technologies the past decade – a new study out of Switzerland: http://www.cellphonetaskforce.org/?page_id=672 If you kill the bee populations off, humans go with them. Are you listening yet?
- Peer reviewed, double-blind studies showing that electro-sensitivity is caused by wireless technologies: http://www.magdahavas.com/microwave-radiation-affects-the-heart-are-the-results-real-or-are-they-duetointerference/ & http://electromagnetichealth.org/electromagnetic-health-blog/cordless-heart/
- American Society of Environmental Medicine warns of health effects from EMF and RF radiation: http://aaemonline.org/emf_rf_position.html
- 2015 study showing 2.4 GHz WiFi decreases sperm function. Researchers conclude that “there should be major concern regarding the exposure to Wi-Fi networks existing in the vicinity of our living places.” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4503846/
- Comprehensive German data bank of global EMF research showing biological effects of RF/EMF: http://www.emf-portal.de
- Thousands of studies showing links between EMF pollution and biological effects: http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/science/studies.asp
- Declassified 1976 Defense Intelligence Agency report showing that military personnel exposed to non-thermal microwave radiation experienced “headaches, fatigue, dizziness, irritability, sleeplessness, depression, anxiety, forgetfulness and lack of concentration.” Defense Intelligence Agency 1976 Report on Biological Effects of EMF > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Defense-Intelligence-Agency-1976-Report-on-Biological-Effects-of-EMF.pdf
- 2015 study showing that 2.4 GHz WiFi may be accepted as one of the major risk factors for brain tumors and other neurodegenerative diseases: Effects of 2.4 GHz WiFi on microRNA Brain Tissue > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Effects-of-2.4-GHz-WiFi-on-microRNA-Brain-Tissue.pdf
- Harvard Pediatric Neurologist states dangers of Wi-Fi in classrooms and potential autism link:Harvard Pediatrician EMF Dangers for Children > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Harvard-Pediatrician-EMF-Dangers-for-Children.pdf
- 2015 paper showing that rabbits experience heart arrhythmia and increased blood pressure when exposed with 2.4 GHz WiFi: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1382668915300594
- Long-term study from Swedish scientist Lennart Hardell (published October 2014) on glioma and acoustic neuroma brain tumors showing that RF is carcinogenic. The scientist calls for RF to be labeled an IARC Class 1 Carcinogen (meaningdefinitely carcinogenic to humans) and recommends urgent revision to safety guidelines. http://www.pathophysiologyjournal.com/article/S0928-4680(14)00064-9/fulltext
- Microwave radiation not HEATING us does NOT mean it is not harming us. The science has forced a correction on this now outdated belief.
- Mechanism for non-thermal EMF cellular damage confirmed:EMF Effects via Voltage Gated Calcium Channels Dr Martin Pall, http://electromagnetichealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/reveh-2015.pdf
- 2012 BioInitiative Report – References 1,900 new studies showing biological impacts from non-thermal EMF:http://www.bioinitiative.org/
- 2014Japanese study showing significant decrease in clinical symptoms of building residents once the cell tower was removed from the location: https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Japanese-Study-2014-Significant-Decrease-of-Clinical-Symptoms-after-Mobile-Phone-Base-Station-Removal.pdf
- World Health Organization and IARC classifies microwave radiation as a “possible carcinogen” – May 31, 2011:http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf
- Sufficient evidence exists for microwave radiation to be labeled a definite carcinogen (presentation by Dr. Anthony Miller): http://smartgridawareness.org/2013/12/04/rf-fields-possibly-probably-or-definitely-carcinogenic/
- Internal FDA memo from 1993 states that data “strongly suggests” that microwave radiation promotes cancer: http://www.goaegis.com/fda0203.html
- Swisscom admits elevated risk of cancer and genetic damage from Wi-Fi: http://www.safeschool.ca/Swisscom__WiFi_Harms.html
- Ford Motor Companycommissioned a study in 1965 which shows the numerous damaging biological effects of microwave radiation. It notes in particular how damaging microwave radiation is to the central nervous system > http://www.magdahavas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/German_Ford_Motor_company_The_Effect_of_Microwaves_on_The_Central_Nervous_System.pdf
- 1994 US Air Force study confirming existence of non-thermal EMF effects, including alterations to the central nervous system and cardiovascular system: Air Force Study showing non-thermal effects > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Air-Force-Study-showing-non-thermal-effects.pdf
- Film: Resonance Beings of Frequency, see below:
#Catalyst #ABCcensorship #wifiharm